Saturday, February 22, 2014

15 Months

I have been thinking a lot about blogging.  

I started this blog right after we purchased our home with great intentions of documenting all of the exciting DIY projects I had planned to do...and I'm sure I'll get to them -someday.  About a week after the last post in November, 2012 we were surprised with the most wonderful news of our life.  We were pregnant!  Saying I was "a little" distracted is probably the biggest understatement I could probably make.  

Pregnancy at the time seemed like one of the slowest, yet amazing experiences.  It now feels so long ago that I carried my beautiful daughter inside of me.  The house has had very little decorative changes made to it with the exception of my daughters room.  
 Here you can see the attempt at a panorama of her room.  We had a fabulous time painting it grey with several of my college sisters from my fraternity and other close friends.
 The theme, if you can really call it that, is Totoro (a very nifty character from a Japanese/Disney film by Hayao Miyazaki.) He is a childhood favorite of mine.  
 I am particularly proud of this bookshelf makeover.  It is your typical Closet Maid bookshelf that I took scrapbook paper and lined the backs.  Because this bookshelf only comes with the cardboard to put backings in for 4 of the cubes, I made my own so that all of the sections would have a back.  

 The dresser/changing area: are changing tables necessary? To keep the mat from slipping we used shelf drawer liner underneath.  Dresser is from the Hemnes series from Ikea.
 I had seen shelves like these all over Pinterest.  Most were made using the Ikea spice rack.  The day we traveled up to Ikea, they were sold out.  We found these gems in the picture frame area of Ikea and honestly, I think I prefer them.  No painting required!

Having a six month old gives me very few minutes to sit down and blog, however, I hope to be back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment