Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Night: Planning for Saturday Ikea Trip & My Pups

Tonight I'm getting mentally ready for my trip to Ikea tomorrow.  Planning out budget, must buys, and what would be nice to buy!  I am taking my best friend who has never been!  She's going to have too much fun.  Ikea is like my amusement park.  

My handsome puppy Jackson wants to know why I'm browsing the internet instead of petting him.  He doesn't mind the unorganized, not styled home he's living in (he probably approves of the piles of clothes and linens that need to be sorted, washed, unpacked still after a month of us having moved in).  We were so happy to finally have a HOME for Jackson and our other wonderful pup Mr. Darcy.  
We've had them both now for over 4 years; in that time they've lived at now 5-6 places.  Now they get to be home.  Jackson was originally Ryan's dog that we got our senior year of college as a puppy.  He's lived in Farmville with me in my apartment, moved into my husband's townhouse six months later when school was over.  I rescued Mr. Darcy a year after we had gotten Jackson from a local vets office my friend was working at.  He was a stray who wandered over to their offices and lived there for a few months until I adopted him.  He lived with me at home for about six months.  Finally we moved in together, and they lived in a condo in Glen Allen together for two years and then a house in the Ginter Park area of Richmond. During our transition from the Ginter Park house to our home we were temporarily "homeless." They could not stay with me where I was staying, so they stayed with our good friends in Farmville.  Finally, after years of moving, they get to be home!  

We don't plan on moving for a LONG time.  
Can't wait to show you my finds at Ikea tomorrow.


1 comment: