Sunday, November 11, 2012

Perhaps Everything Happens for a Reason

Originally the plan for this room was to be orange with the orange curtains I was making from my Ikea fabric.  Well our Ikea trip turned out successful but not for my material.  I did not have enough for the small window, only the two big ones.  These Ikea curtains jumped out at me as I was walking away from their window treatment area and I literally ran back to get them!  What I love most about them is that they have the cafe curtains style with the grommets on top.  I love how they look when hung!

So I purchased the curtains, a little worried that working backwards again would lead the same problem I had in my bathroom.  I worked backwards from my shower curtain, and after painting the bathroom, decided I didn't like the shower curtain with the color anymore.  This time, we were successful! 

I looked back at my paint chips and fell in love with the color Blue Aguave by Behr.  However, we had a coupon for Lowes, and I've had good success with Valspar, so I decided to see if they had a similar color.  They didn't! BUT, they were able to make my Behr color anyways! They tinted my paint the color I wanted!  Now, if you are tinting paint, you cannot return it.  Make sure you like it before you ask them to make you your color.  No regrets here!

 So, I joked with one of my friends today that I really should have name this blog "Things I Saw on Pinterest that I'm Going to TOTALLY Try."  Here is one of them!  Line your paint tray with aluminum foil! I had tried this on the bathroom upstairs, but didn't have foil big enough.  This time I made sure I did. 

 Prepping to paint the room took me about two hours to tape the entire room off last night.  This time I even taped off the ceilings.  It worked out really well.  Usually I free hand it and it works just fine too, however, this cut the "cutting in" portion of painting down drastically!  
 This morning I corralled the pups in the bathroom and they watched me paint from behind the gate.  
 I started around 8:30am and had finished the first coat by lunch time from top to bottom.  By 2:00pm I was finished painting! What a workout it was!
 Look how straight the ceilings are! So crisp looking! I'm definitely doing this in all my painting endeavors from now on.
 My curtains from Ikea really ended up looking quite good with the color we chose.
 This panorama photo is a little awkward but gives you an idea of the room.
 My new pillows from Ikea flank the futon.
 The children's corner.  As you can see there are pictures to be hung.  My that'll be for another day.  No we don't have children, but we do have Godsons/Nephews! 
Looking forward to getting the photos up tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Looks phenomenal :-) Everything looks so smart and crisp with the white trim, too!

    ReplyDelete